Moradi Saslaw LLP, a dynamic boutique family law firm established in 2009, is seeking an experienced, organized, and pro-active Family Law Paralegal familiar with the Orange County courts.
Location: Remote or Hybrid
Experience: 7+ years minimum (and strongly encourage more experienced candidates to apply)
Compensation: Non-exempt and hourly. Annual compensation for this role is $65,000 to $90,000, depending on your location and experience, plus bonuses.
- We offer exceptional benefits, including PPO health insurance, vision, dental, disability, generous vacation, tech budget, and a 401(k) plan with partial match.
Our Core Values:
- Tailored approach to clients where we prioritize their needs and develop strategies to meet those needs with big-picture astuteness
- Taking initiative, being resourceful, and creative problem-solving
- Clear and effective communication and exceptional interpersonal skills and commitment to supporting the team
- Being process and solutions-oriented
- Embracing challenges and learning from them using a solutions-oriented approach that benefits growth both individually and for the overall team
- Known for high quality legal work and excellent client service.
- We thrive on collaboration, autonomy, and a friendly, supportive workplace.
- The entire team operates remotely day to day, with off-sites once a quarter. We have all paralegal meetings once a week and all firm zoom meetings once every two weeks to promote team building and education.
- We staff our team so that each paralegal is teamed up with 2 attorneys.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience as a family law paralegal (More experience? Great! We think experience is an asset.)
- You are comfortable working remotely and have a quiet place you can work without interruptions during work hours.
- Must have knowledge of family law litigation and in-depth knowledge of Orange County rules as we practice throughout this area
- Experience with sophisticated, high asset cases and litigation
- Comfortable assisting attorneys in drafting pleadings, declarations, disclosures, interrogatories, discovery requests, motions, proposed orders, stipulations, under attorney supervision.
- Able to serve as subject matter expert in all administrative areas of the firm, including but not limited to, file organization (digital and paper), and court filing, calendaring deadlines via court rules.
- Outstanding communication skills, especially with attorneys and clients that are going through a difficult time.
- Excellent attention to detail, a strong work ethic, solid written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and multi-tasking skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft, Excel and Adobe. We prize tech-savvy paralegals!
- Proactive and enthusiastic approach to providing excellent client service.
- Able to support all attorneys and the rest of the team with a high caseload. Ensure projects are completed in accordance with firm guidelines, quality standards, and targeted time frame.
- Able to meet and exceed competitive daily and monthly billable hour goals.
- Comfortable contacting courts, clients, opposing attorneys, and others regarding scheduling and other case information. Contact and interview clients for information pertinent to the case matter. Perform analysis of discovery for deficiencies.
- Assist in hearing and trial preparations. Review and analyze cases to assist in preparation of cases for litigation or settlement.
- Maintain organized records, documents, correspondence, files for clients.
- Participate in pre-trial conferences with attorneys, assisting/organizing trial binder preparation, and note possible deficiencies in case materials.
Please submit your resume via email to our Chief Operating Officer at email@example.com. Resumes sent directly to members of the team will not be reviewed. We understand this process must be discreet.